Boat owners need to understand how important their boat insurance coverage purchase decision is. We can help you make the right decision about buying boat insurance in Granbury, TX. Get in touch with us at Texas Classic Insurance to learn more about your insurance options.
When you choose a boat insurance policy, you need to avoid mistakes that could end up costing you a lot of money.
The following are four things not to do when you need boat insurance:
Procrastinating about buying boat insurance
Buy boat insurance right away before you take your boat out and use it. Boat insurance protects the investment you make in your boat.
Boat insurance also protects you from severe financial consequences if you are held liable for accident damages resulting from a boating collision.
Purchasing an actual cash value policy
An agreed value policy guarantees you that you’ll get a certain amount back if your boat is destroyed in an accident.
If you choose an actual cash value policy, you may get much less than your boat is worth in the event of a total loss because your boat has depreciated significantly in value.
Assuming you’re covered through your home insurance
Although home insurance may offer limited coverage for your boat, this coverage is generally not adequate to protect you if you get involved in an expensive accident.
You need to purchase a separate boat insurance policy if you want an adequate amount of financial protection.
Buying a boat insurance policy on impulse
Put thought and research into your boat insurance policy choice. Make sure that you understand what you’re getting and that you compare quotes from multiple providers.
Call us to get a policy quote
You need to do your research before you buy boat insurance. At Texas Classic Insurance, we’ll be happy to assist you with finding coverage for your boat in Granbury, TX.
The summer months in the Granbury, TX area can be long and hot. Due to this, having a way to enjoy the sun and also stay cool is important. One way you can have fun and enjoy your summer is by getting a boat. If you are going to purchase a boat, you also need to select a boat insurance plan.
This type of insurance provides various forms of value:
Cover Your Boat
Your boat is a valuable asset that you will want to be able to enjoy for as long as possible. The investment in a quality boat insurance plan is a good way to ensure this happens. With a boat insurance policy, you will get the coverage needed to repair or replace your boat if you experience a loss due to theft or damage to the boat.
Reduce Risk of Liability
Boat operators in the state of Texas should always do their best to be careful. However, even a cautious and experienced boat driver will run the risk that they could result in a collision or other accident. If this happens, they will need to cover any damage that they cause. With boat insurance, you will receive liability coverage that can mitigate this risk and cover the costs of any damages.
Give Us A Call
If you do live in the Granbury, TX area, you can find that owning a boat is a great option and a way to have fun during the warm months of the year. When you start looking for insurance here, you can call Texas Classic Insurance. Picking the right insurance plan for your boat is important and Texas Classic Insurance can help. The team will spend time assessing your situation to ensure you are aware of your needs and options, so you can select an ideal plan.
Whether purchasing a new or second-hand boat, you should talk to Texas Classic Insurance and get advice on why you need insurance coverage. Buying boat insurance is the surest way of guaranteeing your safety and that of your boat while in the waters.
But before purchasing boat insurance in Granbury, TX, you might have some questions. Luckily, we have assembled a FAQs section to answer queries that you might have.
Is boat insurance mandatory?
In Texas, no law requires boaters to purchase watercraft insurance. However, if a federal-registered lender has financed your boat purchase, they may require you to buy boat insurance.
What are the different boat insurance coverages?
When shopping for boat insurance in Texas, you are likely to bump into the below coverages:
- Liability coverage: In the unfortunate case you cause an accident that causes damage or loss to other people’s valuables, boat insurance covers the resulting bodily injury and property damage. The costs may be high, but with the help of boat insurance, they become easy on your pocket.
- Uninsured watercraft coverage: In cases where an uninsured boater hits your boat, your boat insurance meets the uncovered repair costs.
- Physical damage coverages: Boat insurance pays for the repairs or replacement of your boat if it sustains physical damage from a covered peril. For instance, if a fire destroys your boat, your insurer pays for the damages up to the coverage limit.
- Medical payments coverage: This policy covers medical expenses for you and your passengers following a boating accident.
What impacts boat insurance rates?
Boat insurance coverages differ depending on various variables. Here are some factors that affect boat insurance rates.
- The value: The more valuable your boat is, the more insurance premium you will pay.
- Type of boat: Ski boats, bass boats, cabin cruisers, deep-waters fishing boats, pontoon boats, etc., have different insurance needs and varying rates.
- Horsepower/speed: High-performance boats have higher risks and hence would cost more to insure.
- Cruising area: Different cruising areas carry different risks, and this has an impact on insurance rates
- Boating history: If you had a boat accident before, you might pay a higher insurance premium.
Where can I get boat insurance in Granbury, TX?
Your boat means the world to you. For this reason, you should insure it today! That said, reach out to Texas Classic Insurance and get your boat insurance today.