Whether purchasing a new or second-hand boat, you should talk to Texas Classic Insurance and get advice on why you need insurance coverage. Buying boat insurance is the surest way of guaranteeing your safety and that of your boat while in the waters.
But before purchasing boat insurance in Granbury, TX, you might have some questions. Luckily, we have assembled a FAQs section to answer queries that you might have.
Is boat insurance mandatory?
In Texas, no law requires boaters to purchase watercraft insurance. However, if a federal-registered lender has financed your boat purchase, they may require you to buy boat insurance.
What are the different boat insurance coverages?
When shopping for boat insurance in Texas, you are likely to bump into the below coverages:
- Liability coverage: In the unfortunate case you cause an accident that causes damage or loss to other people’s valuables, boat insurance covers the resulting bodily injury and property damage. The costs may be high, but with the help of boat insurance, they become easy on your pocket.
- Uninsured watercraft coverage: In cases where an uninsured boater hits your boat, your boat insurance meets the uncovered repair costs.
- Physical damage coverages: Boat insurance pays for the repairs or replacement of your boat if it sustains physical damage from a covered peril. For instance, if a fire destroys your boat, your insurer pays for the damages up to the coverage limit.
- Medical payments coverage: This policy covers medical expenses for you and your passengers following a boating accident.
What impacts boat insurance rates?
Boat insurance coverages differ depending on various variables. Here are some factors that affect boat insurance rates.
- The value: The more valuable your boat is, the more insurance premium you will pay.
- Type of boat: Ski boats, bass boats, cabin cruisers, deep-waters fishing boats, pontoon boats, etc., have different insurance needs and varying rates.
- Horsepower/speed: High-performance boats have higher risks and hence would cost more to insure.
- Cruising area: Different cruising areas carry different risks, and this has an impact on insurance rates
- Boating history: If you had a boat accident before, you might pay a higher insurance premium.
Where can I get boat insurance in Granbury, TX?
Your boat means the world to you. For this reason, you should insure it today! That said, reach out to Texas Classic Insurance and get your boat insurance today.